Book Title: Generation Z Leads: A Guide for Developing the Leadership Capacity of Generation Z Students
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Corey Seemiller
As Generation Z (individuals born from 1995 to 2010) emerges into adulthood, educators will encounter new challenges and opportunities with this new cohort of students. Members of Generation Z have grown up in a very different world from their parents, resulting in unique perspectives and experiences that define this generation.
Higher-education experts Dr. Corey Seemiller and Meghan Grace first began studying Generation Z for their book Generation Z Goes to College. They are now offering an even more specialized guide with Generation Z Leads, showcasing ideas and strategies for developing the leadership capacities of Generation Z students.
Seemiller and Grace cover
- reasons why Generation Z students may not be drawn to leadership experiences,
- value propositions that resonate with Generation Z students to enhance participation,
- marketing and recruitment strategies that align with a high-touch and high-tech generation,
- effective ways to structure leadership experiences,
- opportunities to reframe service learning to social change,
- ideas for integrating entrepreneurship and social innovation into the leadership curriculum,
- insight into the roles of mentor and adviser,
- effective communication strategies that work with this generation, and
- practices for assessing leadership development and recognizing student achievements.
Like every generation before and after theirs, Generation Z students are just trying to find their place in the world. With the advice of Seemiller and Grace, educators can help these students develop their leadership capacities to chart their own paths forward.