Assistive Technologies: Principles and Practice, 4e by Albert M. Cook PhD PE
Book Title: Assistive Technologies: Principles and Practice, 4e
Author: Albert M. Cook PhD PE
Master the assistive strategies you need to make confident clinical decisions and help improve the quality of life for people with disabilities with the latest edition of this comprehensive text. Based on the Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) model developed by the authors, the book provides detailed coverage of the broad range of devices, services, and practices that comprise assistive technology and focuses on the relationship between the human user and the assisted activity within specific contexts. This new edition has been expanded and updated, and features new multimedia components that further demonstrate how to apply the concepts you’ve learned to real-world practice.
- Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) framework demonstrates assistive technology within common, everyday contexts for more relevant application.
- Focus on clinical application guides you in applying concepts to real-world situations.
- Review questions and chapter summaries in each chapter help you assess your understanding and identify areas where more study is needed.
- Content on the impact of AT on children and the role of AT in play and education for children with disabilities demonstrates how AT can be used for early intervention and to enhance development.
- Coverage of changing AT needs throughout the lifespan emphasizes how AT fits into people’s lives and contributes to their full participation in society.
- Principles and practice of assistive technology provides the foundation for effective decision-making.
- NEW! Global issues content broadens the focus of application beyond North America to include technology applications and service delivery in developing countries.
- NEW! Ethical issues and occupational justice content exposes you to vital information as you start interacting with clients.
- NEW! More case studies added throughout the text foster an understanding of how assistive technologies are used and how they function.
- NEW! Updated content reflects current technology and helps keep you current.
- NEW! Explicit applications of the HAAT model in each of the chapters on specific technologies and more emphasis on the interactions among the elements make content even easier to understand.